Banana Berry Bread
Coffee Cashew Ice Cream
I sprinkled mine with a few crushed cacoa nibs for crunch
Note: This is a rich, crumbly slice, with natural sugars and healthy fats perfect for breakfast to give you energy to get through the day.
1/2 cup crunchy natural peanut butter
2 cups wholegrain flour (i chose to use wheat for this one)
1/2 cup coconut sugar
3 tblsp raw honey
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cup crushed peanuts
3/4 cup crushed cacoa nibs
1. Preheat oven to 180'c. Heat peanut butter either on stove top or in
microwave until runny, then blend all ingredients together well.
2. Mix should be sticky but not too stiff, if required add a little extra water
3. The mixture should now be a suitable texture to be able to rolls balls between your hands, roll about 1 tsp at a time.
4. place balls on a greased tray, once tray is full press down on each ball with a fork to flatten and create a pattern on the top of the biscuits.
5. Bake until biscuits are golden brown.
6. Allow to cool and store for up to 5 days in a sealed container.
Protein Choc Chip and Peanut Mini Muffins
Makes 48 Mini Muffins
Preheat oven to 180'C
1. In a large bowl create dry mix: protein powder, wholegrain flour, oat bran, flax meal, quinoa porridge flakes and choc chips - mix well
2. In another smaller bowl combine milk, eggs and vanilla essence, beat until well mixed - pour into dry mix and mix well.
3. In a small saucepan heat peanut butter and honey until just runny (this can also be done in a microwave proof bowl), mix into other ingredients.
4. The batter mix should now be thick and just smooth enough to be able to stir, if it is too thick add a little more milk.
5. Scoop out table spoon sized scoops into mini muffin trays
6. Cook in a preheated oven for 20-35 minutes (until brown and cooked - careful NOT to overcook, they go from cooked to overcooked very quickly!)
7. Remove from trays and set aside to cool.
Enjoy as a quick breakfast, a treat on the run, or warmed through with a dollop of greek yogurt and a drizzle of honey as dessert.
Recipe by Kelly Bray Vitality Fitness Bunbury