- 2 1/2 cups Shredded Coconut (save the 1/2 cup for rolling the balls in)
1/2 cup almonds (pumpkin seeds/cashews/other nuts/seeds can
also be used if allergies are an issue, the different nuts will give a
slightly different flavour - I prefer cashews when making these with
- 250 grams fresh blackberries or 1 cup of frozen berries (you can make these with ANY berry or fruit for a twist on the flavour)
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- 2 tablespoons Cacao nibs (optional extra)
1. Place Nuts/Seeds in a blender, coffee grinder or thermomix - grind until fine.
2. Add all of the other ingredients and blend until well combined. (If
the mixture is a little too wet, add more coconut until it starts to
3. dampen hands slightly and roll into balls
4. roll each ball in extra coconut and set onto a sheet of baking paper to prevent sticking.
5. Refrigerate to firm.
These can be stored in the fridge for about 4 days or in the freezer for 3 months.
Note: I have found these are a smoother texture if you soak your raw
almonds over night then drain before using, but soaking is optional if
you like more texture.