|Posted by Kelly Bray on August 30, 2014 at 9:25 PM|
Image: (l-r) Berry's and Cream Overnight Oats, Fruity Overnight Oats and Almond Choc Chip Overnight Oats.
Overnight Oats... whats NOT to love???
They are easy, adaptable and best of all they take about 3 mins to p-repare and you have breakfast ready to go when you wake up!
The basic Recipe for Overnight Oats is as follows:
1. First, mix rolled oats (or rolled/flaked grains of your choice - Rye, Oats, Wheats, Tricale etc) approx 1/4 cup per person
2. Add an an equal amount of your liquid of choice. You can use any combination of dairy or non-dairy milk, yogurt, or even juice; just stick with the same basic 1:1 ratio.
Note: If you’re using steel cut oats instead, use more liquid and be prepared for a more chewy concoction!
3. Mix any spices, sweeteners, or dried fruit etc you like into the mix
4. Store in a glass jar or any airtight container (be warned some plastics are not safe for storing foods in overnight due to leaching of toxins - glass or ceramic is best or check your plastics!) set in fridge and leave til morning.
5. In the morning, you can add fresh fruit compode, crushed toasted nuts, and any other favorite toppings to your oatmeal.
The above combinations are as follows:
Berry's and Cream Overnight Oats - Moster Co. Berry Meuseli, Dried mixed berries, yogurt 'choc' chips, almonds mix with greek yogurt and raw honey
Fruity Overnight Oats - 1/4 cup Moster Co Tropical Meusli, dried tropical fruit, 1 grated apple, coconut water.
Almond Choc Chip Overnight Oats - 1/4 cup mixed grain porridge, 2 tblsp cacoa nibs, 1 tblsp ark choc chips, flaked almonds, almond milk.